It’s nearly that time of year again. Yep, you guessed it, Movember is coming. This year, I plan to take part and raise money for the Walton Neuroscience Fund (Charity Number: 1050050). A few years ago I fell seriously ill, and without the help and understanding of the wonderful Doctors, and other equally brilliant medical staff at the Walton Centre, I wouldn't be able to live my day to day life in the way I do today.
I will be an outpatient of the Walton Centre for the rest of my life.
Don't know what Movember is? Well I will sport a rather dashing moustache and beard for the entire month of November. A razor will not touch my top lip for 30 days and 30 nights. And to add an extra incentive, for every £25 raised over my £250 target, I'll keep the razor away for another week. So if I raise £300, I won’t see a razor until the 15th December. Any help I could get in raising awareness of neurological conditions and sponsorship would be greatly appreciated.
For those at work I have sponsorship forms on my desk by Provisioning on the 1st floor of Northbank House. Please feel free to come and take a form to pass around your team/friends.
Come and find me if you would like more information. I will be providing a daily blog and photo update of the 'Grow-a-thon' on my blog http://cycling-photographer.blogspot.com/ and have set up a Justgiving account http://www.justgiving.com/MovemberGrindle
People will also be able to donate £1 by texting - GRIN84 £1 - to 70070
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.