An Afternoon in Walton Gardens
On Saturday myself and the wonderful Laura decided to go somewhere different. A friend on mine (Brian) suggested I try Walton Gardens in Warrington after he spent a nice day there with his family a few weeks ago. For those who don't know, Walton Hall and gardens is an old manor house in Cheshire which is free to visit and open to the public all year round. As well as having acres of woodland and formal gardens, there is a full golf course, a pitch and put, a crazy golf and a small children's zoo along with the usual slides and swings you would expect to find in a place like this.
 |
| The Fish Pond |
We started the trip with a walk around the gardens. There is such a diverse range of tree, plants and flowers within the park. For an ornamental pond, to a rose garden...
 |
Formal gardens this way I guess?
 |
| I never promised you a rose garden |
 |
| The sexual organs of a flower. That's right, I said sexual! |
|
 |
A rose by any other name, doesn't cost as much.
 |
| A bit of Asia in Warrington |
 |
| Flowers of all shapes and sizes. Anyone know what this is called? |
|
Photos of the zoo to follow...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.