I went along to Haighfest at Haigh Hall in Wigan on Sunday 4th July. And I have got to say... I wasn't all the impressed. It wasn't the venue, the bands or the crowd that let the event down, but the level of security that was there. I got my bag searched 5 times during the day, was patted down twice and got 'wanded' for a knife once. I can understand that the less knives on the streets, the better. But banning alcohol from a free festival that showcases local bands is a step too far. They may have been looking for alcohol, but there were plenty of drugs going round from what I saw and smelt. And another major problem I has was that they had closed down the bike parking to make room for the selling of tickets for the concerts that were to take place for the rest of the week.
But anyway, the music was good and I got a few good photographs, so here you are:









No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.