I went up to Haigh Hall, Wigan tonight to see if I could spot a one of the shooting stars. However, I was not feeling too optimistic. As day turned into night, the could began to congregate in the sky, so that no star could be seen. I thought I would try my luck thought, so loaded up the car with the camera, a tripod and a flask full of tea, and drove up to Haigh Hall.
I parked on the car park, near the golf course. It was still light when I got there, but the clouds had just began to break up. So I set up my camera to hold an 8 second exposure. *Processing...* said the camera. It seemed to be processing forever, but the resulting picture showed that there were stars and planets to be seen.
| Click to view larger photograph |
As the night got darker, and the car park emptied and the filled again with people I can only assume were dogging. The clouds closed in yet again. There was the odd break though, which let me get a few snaps of the stars and a planet or two.
Then by sheer luck, in this same gap of clouds, one appeared. I couldn't believe my luck. It was so beautiful as it streamed across the sky. So lovely and bright, moving very quickly as it burned up by passing through the atmosphere. And what luck, I had just clicked the shutter on the camera:
![]() |
| See larger picture http://twitpic.com/2e48x2 |


No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.