A quick visit to the flash in winter.
I had a bit of time this afternoon, so in-between shopping trips, I decided to nip over to the flash and take some pictures. With this not being a planned trip, I didn't take any of my filters so I made the best with what I had with me.
I like it at Scotsman's Flash. For those of you who don't know, or are not familiar with the local history, the flashes are unique to Wigan and were created by the filling of old coal mine shafts associated subsidence with water, around which a flourishing nature reserve has formed. The area is protected by both local and international laws preventing any building work being carried out in the area. Scotsman's Flash is also an area of designated site of scientific interest due to the abundance of rare plant species, several species of orchid, extensive reed beds and migrating birds such as the Reed Warbler and Sedge Warbler whom take great pleasure in visiting the area.
During the summer months, one of the lakes that form part of the flash is very popular with water sports enthusiasts. Or, if that's not your thing, there are many many miles of pathway for you to explore, taking in the local wildlife as you go.
| The Three Towers |
| Lovely Reeds |
| Feed The Birds |
| A sign of the times |
| Ice on Ice |
| Cold as Duck |
| Cracking Up! |
| The Flash and Chapple |
| Lonely Robin |
| Feeding Time as the Flash |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.