Getting to the hotel on the other hand was an adventure. I had my sat-nav telling me to go down roads that didn't exist, and Laura's iPhone wanted to take us back out of the city, all the way around, and back in the other side. After ignoring both, and following road signs, we made it to hour home for the next three nights; both still alive and well to tell the tail.
After getting settled, we decided to head down to the bay area where I could get my geek on. I am a massive Dr Who/Torchwood fan and Cradiff is the place to be. I had my photograph taken on the Torchwood Lift step and visited Ianto's makeshift shrine which is located at the 'official' entrance to Torchwood, where they have their pizzas delivered. I whole-heartedly agree that I am a grade-A geek when is comes to the world of the Who. I was going to visit the exhibition at the Millennium Centre, but after reading the reviews and at value for money, I decided not to drag Laura around there for the sake of her own sanity and the fact I am a tight fisted bastard.![]() |
| The 'Torchwood' Rift Ariel |
![]() |
| Ianto Jones Shrine |
![]() |
| A icon of Geekdom, commemorating lost Torchwood Staff |
After this, we went down to the restaurants and bars and tried to choose somewhere to eat. It was pretty busy, even on a Thursday evening. There are some pricey places there such at Gourmet Burger, Pizza Express etc... We decided on visiting Eddies Diner. Wow. Just wow. It is honestly the best burger I have ever eaten and the chilli fires... Mmmmmmm. The service was quick and they sell iced tea too, so I was happy.
We then had a wonder around the bay before popping off into town for a night of drinks and earlt bed.









No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.