 |
| Random Pissed Girl in the Mud |
Leeds Festival - Time for the music.
One thing I will say about a music festival, there are a million and one things to see and do. Every kind of food you can imagine, comedy, music, poetry and drink was in good supply. Only one problem on the first day of the main festival... the rain! As we walked to the main stage to go and see We are the Ocean, there was grass on the ground. by the tame we left, there was pretty much just mud.
 |
| We are the Ocean |
We are the Ocean drew a pretty good crowed despite the total and utter rain. They were pretty good and got the crowd going, but I am not sure if the crows participation was due to a large fan base or a desire to keep warm in the pouring rain. Next on the billing was
Taking Back Sunday.
 |
| Taking Back Sunday |
I have never really heard that much of this bands music, but was aware of them and the odd song from the radio. I must say, I was impressed because as a live band, they were very good.. As an American band, they were obviously the (self proclaimed) 'Best band in the Fucking world!' as were every other US biased band, except The Stroke, but we will get to them later. TBS also drew a pretty decent crowd considering the time of the day and weather. I wouldn't say that I would go and watch them as a main act, but if they were a support band, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. In facet, I think a couple of their albums will be downloaded.
The talent know as Frank Turner is a good old rock and roll star. His songs are instantly enjoyable and catchy Having taken part in over 1000 solo performances in his musical quest, he owned the stage. Taking the time to teach the crowd part of his songs so they could sing along creates a different atmosphere. People at festivals want to get involved, and any artist who can make the people watching and listening feel like more than spectators, is a wonderful thing. This was my second time of seeing FT (although I had to be reminded of the first time as he was supporting the Courteens at the MEN in 2010) and he can't be too bad. It turns out my mum likes him too.
 |
| The View |
Next up were a band I was very excited to see. The View! Hats off to the Buskers is a fantastic album. It brings back so many memories of living in Chester in the 'mid noughtys' add rocking out at Rosies indie night with Steve Mac, Austin, Denise, Griggs and co. The difficult (for some) broad Scottish accents put forward by the band when speaking, vanish when the music starts.
Kyle Falconer's distinctive voice makes The View stand out from the crowd, and the suitably hight tempo and energetic songs makes dancing and singing along a must. I challenge anyone not to enjoy 'Same Jeans' which reached number three in the UK charts in 2007.
 |
| The Mud |
We the stuck our head in the BBC/NME stage and caught a little of Chapel Club and the it was back to the main stage for some Friendly Fires!
 |
| Friendly Fires |
The Friendly Fires are an awesome band to see live. Their energy and enthusiasm they brought to a cold, damp and windy Leeds was much needed and appreciated by hardcore audience. Hawaiian air live is much better than the recorded version as you can see that the band just let themselves go and play their little hearts out. I will be looking to see them again, at their own gig in a slightly warmer location in the near future.
 |
| BBC Introducing |
It was now time for a little wonder around while Interpol were on the main stage. After walking in on 'The Rubber Bandits' (don't ask) we found the BBC introducing stage, one of the best things at the festival. Most of the bands we saw on there blew us away. For some of the bands, to play in such a large location to potentially the largest audience they would ever have and be recorded for the Radio must have been terrifying Although, no-one showed it.
 |
| Elbow |
It was time for Elbow to play Leeds for the sixth time or their career. They were good live, but I am not a massive fan of this band. We stuck with it for a while, and then decided to call it a day. The 10 hours of cold, wind, rain and expensive beer has taken its toll. We skipped Muse and headed back to the tent for some much needed Sleep.
To be continued...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.