Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Leeds... It's hot stuff!


Okay. So you may be wondering why I there is a photograph of a Lemur when the title of this post clearly suggests that this entry is about Leeds. Well, did you know that Leeds has a wonderful little place called Tropical World in Roundhay Park? Neither did I until I Googled it and seeing how I was in the area, and just so happened to have my camera to hand, I thought I would pay a visit.

For the nominal fee of just over three quid, you can wonder round this tropical wonderland at your own pace, taking in the wide variety of exotic plant species, reptiles, amphibians, birds, mammals and insects. It took us a good hour and a half to view all the exhibits. Its a good job it doesn't take much longer though. It't called Tropical World for a reason. The heat and humidity took me back to the summer weather in Taiwan, but without the constant sound of exploding fireworks!

As usual, I got a bit snap happy, but got some great shots. Have fun having a look at the selection of the best below.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.