Monday, 24 December 2012

Winter Walk; 100th Blog Post!

So I treated myself and got a new lense. A Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Canon Fit Lens to be precise. Its a nice bit of kit for the money. SO obviously I needed to try it out, so off we popped to the countryside around the back of the house. I went with the aim of taking a photograph of a Robin; but would one show?



As soon as you get past the pub, you are greeted by two old pit ponies. For those who don't know they used to be used in the mining of coal and ore underground pulling the trucks around the tracks. They would live their entire life underground meaning they would never see daylight. They are tiny little things but very cute and these two are very friendly.



The view behind where I like is lovely... Well that's until you spy St Helens in the distance. Bloody Sheep Sh***ing scum bags!. You turn round the other way and the view is much nicer.


During the walk, we went past a junk yard. And what does every junk yard have? A big angry dog! It had a loud bark but you can tell it was a bit of a pussycat at heart... Maybe...


We also can across a family of horses. There were no shortage of animals on out little walk, but I had not yet spotted the robin I was looking for.

 

We walked a little further, past an old stone building and past a fishing pond until we got to the canal. This canal isn't used anymore sadly. I hear there are plans to re-open it but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this to happen.


Then out of nowhere, the thing I had been looking for flew past and landed on a nearby tree. I grabbed my new telescopic lens and snapped away.




And finally, some geese for good measure!


Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.