Sunday, 24 April 2011

Not going to waste a day like this


Again, the British weather has defied the weather man and decided to give us beaming sunshine all day on this Easter Sunday. And not wanting to waste a moment, I grabbed my camera and hopped on my bike and went for a bit of off road action at a place I know just off the canal. I have to admit, I am not a brave on my bike when I am carrying may camera. Although it is not expensive or in fact anything special, it would break my heart to see it in pieces on the floor because of some foolish mistake made on my part by taking a corner to quickly or being over-committed on a down hill section, hitting a rock and going flying.

I did manage to take one or two pictures along my way to and from the off road course. I was experimenting with some of my filters today to try and get the best shots possible in the bright sunlight. I decided on a ND8 and my Central Polarising Lenses as well ad the standard UV filter and White Balance lens cap. I also tried using my lens adaptor the wrong way round to produce a tunnel effect on both close-up and landscape photographs. I think they turned out rather well. I will have to invest in a fish eye lens I think. I love the effects that can be got using these. But for now, I have to make do with what I have got.

I also cracked out the panorama setting on my camera. Most modern digital cameras and many mobile phones boast such capabilities, but very few get it right. I am please to say that my camera is not too shabby when it comes to these types of shots.



As per usual, I took many shots using the macro setting on my camera. I really enjoy taking close-ups of things. Plants, animals, insects, wood... All seem to turn out good. The only tip I can give as to producing good macro shots id to have a steady hand and hold your breath. the slightest movement can result in the whole image being blurred. I would also suggest that you look for unusual object to focus on, with the more texture the better. I am thinking of trying something using different sports balls at some point when I get time. But with work and other commitments, time is a luxury I don't seem to have much of.

I'll leave you with a selection of photographs from the trip with my camera today. Its off to Blackpool tomorrow for me with two of the best friends you could ever wish to have.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.