For those who have been reading this blog for a while, may know of a little place called Scotsmans Flash near
Wigan. I tend to take photographs there... A lot... You're probably very bored of it all by now, but I do love to take my camera there and experiment. In the Spring, I like to go there to take photographs of the flowers. In Summer, the insects. In Autumn the leaves on the trees (obviously). And in the Winter, well, whatever there is to see. It looks quite barren in the cold winter months. Last year, we had the ice and snow, but this year, we have had none of that. In fact up until a few days ago, I don't think we had actually had a frost on the ground until a few days ago.
Anyway, I digress. The main reason I went to the flash on this day was to play with my camera. I have been acquiring a range of new equipment (wide angle lenses, telephoto lenses etc.) over the last few weeks, so was keen to test a few of them out. the image above was taken using my Macro lens, and is of a bridge that goes over the Leeds and Liverpool canal, which runs straight through the middle of the flashes. By taking away most of the colour, and applying a yellow digital filter, the contrast between the sky lit by the low sun and the shadow cast by the bridge works well.
Anyway, enough of my boring dribble. Have a look at these bad boys. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message or comment on my Photographs.